- Bariatric Surgery
- Dental Tourism
- Stem Cell
- Anti Aging
- Cardiothoracic & Vascular
- Medical Treatments
Transcendental Meditation (TM) is a simple, natural, effortless technique that allows the mind to settle inward beyond thought for pure awareness, also known as transcendental consciousness. The most researched and practiced meditation, TM is not a religion, philosophy, or even a lifestyle. Transcendental Meditation is based on ancient Indian philosophies and teachings.
Transcendental Meditation's modern history began when Maharishi Mahesh Yogi first taught the technique in the late 1950s. It was made popular by the Beatles during the 1960s. Celebrities such as Russel Brand are also using its calming effect to their own good uses.
There are many health benefits of Transcendental Meditation. TM-linked brain changes help interrupt the body's stress response as it calms the mind in order to achieve a higher state of consciousness allowing for a greater flow of thought. Transcendental Meditation improves health, promotes inner peace is helpful for anxiety, High Blood Pressure (HBP) and heart disease. It is also shown to reduce atherosclerosis and improve symptoms in children with ADHD (Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder).
TM is practiced 15-20 minutes twice each day while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed and silently repeating a mantra given by an instructor. Find a nearby teacher by visiting TM Program website tm.org. Here are some tips to follow:
- Learn from an Expert - To ensure you are using the technique correctly, ongoing instruction and mentoring with a teacher is needed.
- Go easy - There is no need to either focus or push your thoughts away. Simply use the mantra to settle your mind.
- Stick With It - Give yourself few months for it to become a habit.
- Be Careful - TM is should not be a replacement for needed health care